Panasonic 12-35mm/f.2.8: Too early?

I called Panasonic Canada to ask about any updates and whether they recommend buying the lens at this point in time. The person who replied said at this point there are no firmware updates issued by Panasonic regarding this lens. He said that usually if there is a problem and they are aware of it, the way to know they addressed it is if he detected a firmware update on the system. He didn't. SO he concluded if they are aware of the problem, they must be dealing with it at the moment. The decision to buy it or wait is up to the customer.

Not so good update to anyone who might still read this thread :) : I asked my local store and they said if I buy this lens from them ($1300), it is going to be special order from another province and so there is no return or exchange and if it had a problem they will have to send it to Panasonic Canada or that other province. Seems very limiting option let alone the money. I wish I can find it in front of me in a store where I can go back and say "exchange it please" just in case there is a bad model.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back