elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

I need a pocket camera for personal and professional documentation and reference, I work in cinema/special effects.
I own a Lumix Pana but I am really not satisfied with the results in low light and the closeups on the pictures, seems like there is a kind of "Median filter" allover the picture... I tried it with 100 iso and 200 iso, no options fancy but is sill looks bad...

Is the Leica better? I mean the CCD sensor of Image processing? they look pretty much the same but I was wondering if they did a better camera at Leica...

thanks for your advice it is really appreciated, I need the BEST digital pocket camera ever, but I can't afford a Leica M7 ;)

It has different image processing software in it, but it is still noisy as all get out at higher ISO's.

thanks,

but do you think the Image process can make a good difference on the final results? in other words, it is worth to make an exchange for the Leica?

It's the same camera, just with different badges. Supposedly there's slightly different firmware, but even that has never been confirmed by the manufacturers.

Small-sensor cameras are never very good at low-light. The problem is not just pixels, but the size of them. If the goal is to cram 6 million pixels on a sensor the size of a toddler's pinky nail, you're invariably going to incur "noise" - and thus have extremely poor low-light capabilities.

ok then, but do you think there is one "point and shoot - pocket camera" that is giving the best results?
is Canon better for this small cameras? I would llike to know, some powershoot were giving good results a few years ago ans my Olympus C3000Z is still excellent even if it is a september 2001 camera!

thanks for your advice, really appreciated!

My understanding is that the Canon G9 is one of the best there is right now. Take a look, it's not a small camera, but has every professional control you might want.

did you hear about the Canon SD870 IS?
seems like it is one of the best compact... the G9 is too big for my pocket!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back