Panasonic FZ20 - HELP WITH NEW LENSES!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by collegecadman, Sep 5, 2007.

1. collegecadman

collegecadman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've had my Panasonic Lumix FZ20 for a little over two years now. I love this camera. From the incredible zoom - optical and digital - to the quality of the pictures, the FZ20 was well worth the investment. I'm looking into purchasing a few different lenses. A wide angle or fisheye lens looks interesting as well as a macro lens. I'm not sure where the best place would be to purchase these lenses. I've found a few packages on ebay, but of course, these are very cheap, poor quality lenses. Please give me somre recommendations on where I can purchase different lenses for my camera and what are some neat lenses. Thanks!

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

You really don't have a lot of good options. Your camera's lens is permanently attached to the camera...so you can't really get a new 'lens'. You can add filters or 'adapter lenses' to the front of the existing lens...but that's it.

I believe your camera has a macro mode, with a minimum focus distance of 5cm...so you wouldn't need a macro lens adapter.

A wide angle or fish-eye adapter might be interesting, because that would give you something that your camera doesn't already have. The quality of those adapters isn't great though.