Panasonic GX7 - Which kit lens to chose?

bowcreek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Guys - Please bear in mind I am a novice/beginner and growing from Point and Shoot and working to get the kit sorted quickly to start with.

2 options to chose from !

1. G 20mm F1.7 II - Prime Lens - Highly recommended - Usually expensive kit option - Also Expensive than the option 2 if you buy separate (GBP 225 Approx) - Cost of Kit = GBP680
2. G VARIO 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II - Most commonly offered Kit lens. Cheaper to buy separate compare to option 1.(GBP 100) - Cost of Kit = GBP750

On just one one website I have managed to find the price of option 1 kit cheaper than the option 2.

So the question is selecting one of the 2 options:

1. Buy above option 1 kit only for GBP 680
2. Buy above option 2 kit only for GBP750
3. Buy option 1 kit and G VARIO 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II lens for GBP 780

Please could you help.

Regards

I have the 14, 2.5 and use it as a pocket carry on my GF3. I also have the 14-45 and the 45-200. and close up rings.
This makes a very nice kit and covers almost any need. If I could only have one I would take the pancake for its pocket ability and low light use.
I Canon 5D2 for my main camera and the GF3 is for portability. I think the GX7 would be a wonderful choice with what ever lens you chose.

Bowcreek - if you can buy the GX7 with the 20mm f1.7 lens for £680 from a reputable dealer, you should jump on it

And if you buy a new 14-42mm kit lens for a little more £70 on eBay, for a total of £750, you essentially get the 20mm for free :)

Hope that's helpful and good luck with your new camera!

Bill

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back