sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to photography, just bought my first digital SLR (Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1).

I'm looking for a wide angle fisheye lens (micro four thirds) for the camera but am having no luck.

Any ones you guys can suggest?
Thanks in advance

So far there is not any fisheye lens specific for the micro four-thirds system. However, there is a four thirds 8mm fisheye lens, which you can use on micro four thirds cameras via an adapter.

The Lumix DMC-G1 has just dropped in price! Check it out here: UPIQ found results

The G1 is now a discontinued model, it is replaced by the G2 with a touch screen. ??

I have the Panasonic 14-45 & 45-200 & rarely use either. The G1 is a great body to use old film camera lenses on with the appropriate adapters. I have adapters for Minolta, Pentax, M42 & M39 lenses. You can buy some old wide glass off eBay as well as the adapter to fit.

BTW, these will be manual aperture & focus which is no issue for me at least. I shoot wildlife a lot & manual focus is a plus over auto.

It is a discontinued model, but still a SUPERB way into this format.

The G2 is a step up with the touch screen, touch focus etc. plus a slightly faster frame rate and intelligent iso for those who want it. But you're paying for it. An extra £212 in fact

£560 ish - £30 cashback (£530) with the 14-45 lens

The G1 represents the better buy at over £200 less.

£368 - £50 cashback. (£318) with the same lens

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Black + 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 OIS Kit - Only £368.00 - Park Cameras Online

compared to

Panasonic DMC-G2 with 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Black - Only £569.99 - Park Cameras Online

Most reactions

New Topics

Back