Panasonic upping the specs

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by jaomul, Nov 8, 2017.

1. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Correct. I haven't. I didn't know it was an M43 camera. I do own a tiny Panasonic point and shoot with an even smaller sensor so I'm not unfamiliar with small cameras.

2. VidThreeNorth

VidThreeNorth TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    As far as I know, the GH5 and the G85 have bottom mount battery packs available ("DMW-BGGH5" for the GH5). I expect that the G9 will too, and probably there was one for the GH4 and one for the G7. I do not know about those.

I do not know if you can power their cameras through a USB port. I can do that with my Yi-M1, which is both good and bad. The other day I had my Yi-M1 plugged in to charge but I did not notice that the power was on, so I wasted some electricity before I turned it off. No harm done, but an annoying waste. But in theory, I can use the Yi-M1 indefinitely (until a card fills, and then change the card and keep going) off "mains". I do not know about Olympus either.

3. Tallgrass1

Tallgrass1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

The G9 will be able to be powered through the USB, so you can attach battery packs via a cord (and I assume directly to a wall plug??). Not sure about the GH5.