Pancakes

virenko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture I took in the summer, while eating pancakes :blushing: any critique is welcome :D

v15.jpg

It seems to be agreed that for children's portraits you should kneel down to their height and photograph from there, and you should try to avoid "looking down on them".
In a well-meant portrait, I would also always advise that model and photographer watch little details such as what the hair looks like. Particularly the model - and even more so a female model I dare say just now, but I am open for discussion here ;) - will appreciate a photo in which a wrong strand of hair will niggle her for years to come.

Children's pics are nicest when taken candidly. I think also that is much agreed. So situations in which children don't realise they are being photographed often bring about the best results. But you would still want to observe what is happening in the background from you point of view. Does some pole maybe grow out of the childs head? Is there a lot of distracting clutter in the background? Are there maybe people walking through your background. In portraits you will want to avoid that.

A large aperture (small f/number) will help you focus on the child and blur out the background. In nature, green backgrounds often help to achieve nice skin tones (my experience, the real experts may contradict me!).

Just my general thoughts in connection with this picture.

Most reactions

Back