Panic Mode!

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I forgot my camera at home today and all I have with me is my camera phone, what once in a lifetime opportunity is going to present itself!? :confused:

UFO?
6 legged deer?
Lamborghini with a 6" lift?

I feel sick.

I may have to run to Best Buy and get a Canon S90, or D3000, I'm freaking out here.

Inhale/exhale/repeat.

Heh I've seen an owl on a sign post (posing brilliantly) pheasants right up close (almost stepped on it) and nearly stood on a snake one time - all whilst walking the dog - all without the camera. Just enjoy the sight and forget the fact that you don't have the camera ;)

(ps I don't take the camera with dogwalks cause she's not the sort of dog to stand still - at all.... especaily if pheasants are involved)

Ugh, you're not helping... capturing a pheasant is one of my biggest goals right now :lol:

Heh the only shots I have of pheasants are mostly rubbishy ones too - the only wild one to come close enough was in horrible lighting and he flew off. We do keep a lot of birds at home and some are very tame, but 70mm is far too long for an in cage shot of one of them and my kit lens is really not able to do justice (plus its a nightmare trying to get a nice looking shot with wire and stuff in the background)

from my old 70-300mm
3261959924_1797435948.jpg

Heh I've seen an owl on a sign post (posing brilliantly) pheasants right up close (almost stepped on it) and nearly stood on a snake one time - all whilst walking the dog - all without the camera. Just enjoy the sight and forget the fact that you don't have the camera ;)

(ps I don't take the camera with dogwalks cause she's not the sort of dog to stand still - at all.... especaily if pheasants are involved)

last year i was out in the countryside using a close-up lens for flowers etc which wouldn't register to infinity (CZJ) because i had adapted it to an EOS DSLR. walking home while it was still daylight, i was at the top of my road when nose to tail, two male badgers emerged from someone's garden gate, chased eachother 10 or 15 meters along the pavement and then began having a proper punch-up in the middle of the road. i stopped to watch (as did a ginger cat who looked at me, raised an eyebrow and sat down to watch).

the two badgers continued fighting, tumbling into someone's front garden, then down the side of the house, through a wrought iron gate into an alley. there just happened to be a fox at that moment in the alleyway too. as the badgers fought, the fox backed off a little then kept trying to nose in on the scrap. maybe the third time the fox did this, it got a right hook from the badger doing most of the beating. the fox recoiled, tried to vault a wooden slat fence, failed and crashed back on top of the badgers.

after about 30 seconds, i shouted at the badgers to try to break up their fight. the victor looked up at me and sheepishly/triumphantly called it a day, trotted towards me looking very proud of himself. i backed off (not wanting a clawed-up leg). the badger did a little victory circuit around a rosebed (trying to suss an exit from me and the cat) then buggered off up the road from where he came ;-)

all i got were two or three crappy, blurred shots of two blobs fighting in the road and a blob scuttling away up the street.

Last edited:
:lol: Great stories!

Turned out to be a rather uneventful day, I got lucky - this time. :D

I think I would have backed away from the badger as well, I've seen their claws - they're like steak knives!

Well I missed a good bobcat shot while going the the PortaJohn on a jobsite. What pisses me off is it just sat there and didnt bolt. So Im betting if I had my camera it would have bolted. Yeah I have seen my share of badgers, if they dont retreat I fire a shot into the ground and, they usually decide not to come my way. I have only ever had to shoot one in 20_ years but, I believe he was rabid because they usually dont charge after a spoiler shot.

You know those who study (and get close to wild) badgers have been known to put banboo sticks down their trousers - apparently they have a deathlock with their jaws and don't let go till they hear a snap - which if its not banboo its your bone!

And yah USA is right a nice pocket camera has a lot of uses - just wish they were cheaper ... or that DSLR stuff was not as expensive ;)

Being from the Badger State...we like them... they are rarely seen. I've spotted two in 50 yrs.
Of course I wasn't looking for them, nor did I have a camera at the time.

I keep a pocket camera with me all the time.
Then I can still get those shots...maybe just not as nice as I'd like.
;)

i understand. occassionally i go into bits of woodland that haven't been coppiced in a long time. i may find a set. would imagine if a boar emerged - he'd be less than pleased to find me sniffing around on his doorstep.) i know where aren't talking bears and wolves here but yea..they're very territorial, especially when protecting cubs.

Being from the Badger State...we like them... they are rarely seen. I've spotted two in 50 yrs.
Of course I wasn't looking for them, nor did I have a camera at the time.

I keep a pocket camera with me all the time.
Then I can still get those shots...maybe just not as nice as I'd like.
;)

other than roadkills and an occassional flash of one in the car headlamps, i've only seen these two badgers, up close, in my whole life. foxes on the other hand - see them all the time in British towns and cities, these days. which is great! i put scraps out for them.

Most reactions

Back