Panick Stricken

ted foy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. I hope you are well.
I have been shooting my first scenes for my Honours Project. The scenes are shot indoors at my house. I shot them yesterday and although they looked fine on preview screen they were terrible when viewed on computer. That was time I could ill afford to waste. I pondered all last night and decided I would reshoot the scenes. This time I thought I would use auto iso on every scene. every scene I would custom white balance and for good measure I would also film same scene again with auto white balance. I shout at 24 fps and 1/50 and standard picture style. Im a complete novice although I have researched the topic until the cows came home. Having looked at the scenes from today on computer they are slightly better but are very very noisey. I shot with a flat picture style (sharpness,contrast,saturation and colour tone all set to '0'). I am very disappointed with the results. If the video is salvageable at all I know nothing about fixing it. Im that desperate im thinking of turning them black and white.
The camera is a cannon 700d borrowed from my uni. filming was roughly around noon uk time and the only light used was natural light filtering in through windows.
Thank you so much for reading this.
Teddy
problem.jpg

You're welcome.

Where can I get a Canon 700D that uses film? And a back that will hold enough film to shoot movies?
CalvinBlink2.gif

the higher the ISO the more noise you are going to get.

just a heads up this section is film photography not film as in moving pictures so Im not sure how much of a response you will get.

as for salvaging it, im not sure. you would have to run it through a movie program and play with the settings to up the exposure and see if you can find another filter to eliminate grain/noise.

movies or photos, its about the light and the right equipment for each situation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Looks like it could be exposure if you were in rather low light (what was coming into the room from the window). Especially this time of year with short days and if it's cloudy... I suppose you'd need a sunny day with all the blinds or curtains open (or even anchored somehow out of the way to get as much light as you can into the room). I agree, in low light you'll get a certain amount of grain in film or noise in digital images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back