Panning at Lime Rock C&C

JMS803

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Went to the Memorial Day Lime Rock Classic today, got my first panning shots. I know they're not the best IQ wise since they're cropped and shot with an 18-55 IS haha but how is the technique?

3558493876_f8e375c4d1_b.jpg

3558491920_de82561a77_b.jpg

3557676835_ee402f82e7_b.jpg

3557681721_a05ebc633a_b.jpg

Looks very cool to me. What a great place to practice too. So far I have only tried with small birds and they sucked really hard. Great job, love the first.

Whoa. So good for a first attempt! You should have seen my first attempt at panning (and the subject was only just riding a bike!), and my subsequent ones ... :pale: Nothing there that would allow me to show off...

Looks very cool to me. What a great place to practice too. So far I have only tried with small birds and they sucked really hard. Great job, love the first.

Whoa. So good for a first attempt! You should have seen my first attempt at panning (and the subject was only just riding a bike!), and my subsequent ones ... Nothing there that would allow me to show off...

Thanks everyone, yeah its a great place to take pictures, these were taken right at one of the turns, they let you get really close. Don't worry about it, these were the best out of about 350 pictures haha. A couple photographers actually gave me some advice there, so that helped alot.

Last edited:
What were canon photographers doing at a race car meet. You'd think they'd be off taking pictures of canons instead of cars.

haha whoops, thought this was the other canon photography-on-the net forum when I posted that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back