panning

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
tell me what you think! thanks for looking:D

panningjon.jpg

nice exposure, you followed the car and that's why it is sharp, yeah?

I think it's ok. But if you're going to pick a spot to stand and get an idea of where you want the car to be when you press the shutter I think you may want to find somewhere with fewer signs and posts. :mrgreen:

Good work on driving and taking the picture at the same time though. :thumbsup:

ferny said:
Good work on driving and taking the picture at the same time though. :thumbsup:

must have been on a atv? :lol:

good job at panning!

If this is an example of panning I think you snapped a tad soon. I applaud your efforts though as subject moving toward the camera are difficult to pan. The camera locks focus but the subject is then closer by the time the shutter releases.

Conk said:
If this is an example of panning I think you snapped a tad soon. I applaud your efforts though as subject moving toward the camera are difficult to pan. The camera locks focus but the subject is then closer by the time the shutter releases.

yea i tried to get some around a turn but this was the only one that seemed focussed

thanks for the comments all, im working on this whole panning business :confused:

It's not easy!! :)

Might be easier using manual focus and picking a spot on the road where the car will pass to focus on, guess the brain lag to pick a point at which to press the shutter.

At least there's a driver in this one! :lol:

You two do love your beamers, don't you? All your most recent posts are about them.

I find panning extremely difficult and therefore applaud you on your first attempts. Plus I have found out I can only do well enough with my old Canon (the one that still uses film), while the little, new, digital, non SLR Canon is too slow for such kind of photography. Way too slow! To fix on a spot and release the shutter when the object is THERE just doesn't work!

Therefore: congrats on this first attempt. (Don't you have to have a licence plate in the front of your cars?)

LaFoto said:
You two do love your beamers, don't you? All your most recent posts are about them.

Therefore: congrats on this first attempt. (Don't you have to have a licence plate in the front of your cars?)

Yes, and no (mine has a place for one on the front but im going to take it off because the state i bought it in required it but the state i live in does not.

thanks for the comments everyone!!!

hahaha i have finally found a driver for this one :lol:

Most reactions

Back