Panorama Critique (1st submission)

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is my first submission to the critique gallery. I took it a couple of weeks ago when I went to New England. Camera- Sony Mavica CD500.
Questions, comments, and cruel vicious attacks welcome :D
Sorry about the image quality, the free server I found only allows a max upload of 120k, the original pic was >5megs
PortlandPanorama2.jpg

very interesting. I believe most of what I see would have been fixed with the larger file size. The color gradient and depth to the horizon on the left appears quite flat. This could be caused by the fact the lighting was not your best friend on that particular day. I would have prefered to have the hourse more toward the right, not much though. Also I believe the horizon is too close to the middle of the picture, it really takes away the dramatic effect. Perhaps if it was close to the lower 1/3 line the house would appear more dramatic in the picture.

You should definately run a sharpening filter over it, reducing the size makes it very soft. Also don't shoot in "auto" white balance mode. I can see the lines where you combined the photos because the camera kept chaninging the white balance as you moved. (This is just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back