Panorama / photomerge

Rex76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I take several shots with the plan to merge them into a panorama (eg a landscape photo), the sky is often different shades of blue (darker/lighter). So, when I merge the photos via Photoshop, I often get sharp lines that slice up the sky.
How can I avoid this?
I use a Nikon D90 (SLR) and a Canon 880 (POS) and Photoshop Elements 2.
Thanks

When I take several shots with the plan to merge them into a panorama (eg a landscape photo), the sky is often different shades of blue (darker/lighter). So, when I merge the photos via Photoshop, I often get sharp lines that slice up the sky.
How can I avoid this?
I use a Nikon D90 (SLR) and a Canon 880 (POS) and Photoshop Elements 2.
Thanks
what mode are you using??

For mode, its "landscape" and its usally fully automatic.
I gues that's the answer, right: I need to keep the settings the same in manual mode.

i had this issue with serveral different software programs, it was the blending not necessarily the photo as they were shot in secs of each other.

ended up testing about 4 different programs and found that Serif"s Panorama plus was outstanding, and not expensive.

As you point to lighter/darker parts of the sky, the camera will automatically darken or lighten the pictures it takes to compensate.

Put the camera in Manual (M) mode to prevent this

Try not to use the auto modes. Try to stick with a,s,m and if you don't want to control shutter and aperture use P. Put the camera in manual and leave the settings the same. GL
tj

make sure your exposure is not different on any of the pictures. set up you camera so that you can lock in your exposure throughout. that way you will not have this issue anymore!

i certainly agree that one needs to keep the exposure the same, however, i can tell you for a fact not all software does a good job of blending and i had a similar issue especially with skies.

I am just recommending that one covers all options.

A good panaromic shot is always shot in full manual mode and has some degree of adjusting in Photoshop after the stitching.

As you point to lighter/darker parts of the sky, the camera will automatically darken or lighten the pictures it takes to compensate.
my exact point i was getting at. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back