Panorama software

So if I understand you correctly you're saying that Photoshops stitching is not doing a very good job?

So if I understand you correctly you're saying that Photoshops stitching is not doing a very good job?

I am saying that the wider the angle you use, the harder it gets in PS to do decent stitching. One workaround here is to use a lot of overlap between the images when you use ultra wide lenses. but then of course you need more images per panorama, which again increases the stitching effort.

I would not recommend stitching with PS if the images were taken with a 12mm lens on crop cameras, or 16mm on full frame. I would not say it is always impossible though.

It of course pretty much depends on what you stitch. if it is a landscape, it might be less of a problem, if it is architecture, it might be a nightmare.

Think I'll check out your recommendation - PanoramaStudio - then :)

Think I'll check out your recommendation - PanoramaStudio - then :)

i am sure there is other good software .... but for me this is one of the easy and quick to use ones.

not sure if there is a trial version, so you could just see if it is your kind of software :)

be prepared to buy more memory for your computer though .. panorama stitching needs alot if you do full-res work ;)

Just tried AutoPano and it works like a charm! Only thing is it put them in a different order than I would like but that's probably just a question of moving the pics around a bit. I'm gonna test a few more to see what fits my workflow best. Thanks, guys!

Oh, a question about Panoramastudio:

Should I use optical or spherical when typing in parameters?
(I found a trial version of the application)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back