Panorama

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by anton980, Mar 5, 2005.

1. anton980

anton980 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi everyone! Thanks for looking!
    I took a series of photos a week ago and wanted to create a panorama out of them, so I did that in Photoshop. There are 8 photos in this panorama. I'd love to hear your opinions, comments and critiques regarding this. Thanks in advance!

Anton

[​IMG]

Sorry about the length of the image!

2. chroix

chroix In Latin it's "spikius conius thingonius"

nice job of putting them together . it looks kind of flat with the horizon cutting the image in half. i would lose a little of the ground in the foreground and add a little more sky. i like the (i'm assuming early morning) light on some of the houses and branches. it is very warm, and that is a nice visual contrast to the cold sky and snow on the ground. also the sky is a little blown out making me think a neutral density filter would help your cause. sunset might be a better time..

3. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    Anton... I see a slight difference in light balance here but if you used only photoshop - that's great job!!! and I like the view... for further panoramas try ThePanoramaFactory... unfortunately it's quite expensive but... worth :) or you may find other way of having the programm :)

4. Sk8man

Sk8man TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    magnificent job! can notice some details problems but accept that everything is great.

5. anton980

anton980 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi! Thanks for replies!

Croix: I see what you mean about the horizon. But wouldnt it be a better idea to crop some of the skies out instead of the ground? That's where all the interesting stuff is... I'll play around with it.

Mentos: after posting this image I actually fixed up some more of the color differences in photoshop so it looks more uniform, but I still have that washed out skies at either end of the photo. I cant do much about it, unless I replace it completely. The sun was shining from the left so it overexposed the image (I didnt adjust apperture or shutter speed to keep the photos consistent) and on the right - I dont know what happened.

Sk8man: What problems with details do you see? I scaled the photo down a lot, so it lost a lot of detail. At 100% it's 6 inches by 55 inches at 300 dpi making it a 32 megapixel image, so you can actually see the cars down on the roads, a lot of detail on the houses, ground, forrest and so on.

I was wondering what anyone thinks about the framing? Are the tree branches that frame the image a bad thing or not? Looking at the photo overall, I keep wanting to make the trees on the left similar to the ones on the right so the composition is more ballanced. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anton