panoramic of La Salle, Italy

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by meotter, Mar 17, 2005.

1. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

size is odd, but oh well... what do you think otherwise? too bad it's so small... details are hard to make out :p

[​IMG]

2. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Good pan but I wish the left side was a little darker, not so hazy. I don't mind the mounts in the distance but the closer hills on that side don't look enough like the right side.

Good shot. How manys photos did you have to stitch?

3. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i think it was 6 photos to stich... the shame of it is that you can't really see the castle that's there on the right side. i probably should have cropped out the post on the right too... or if i knew how to clone, i could just remove it and leave the mountains :)

thanks for the comment

4. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What program did you use to stitch the pics together? You can tell where they are merged, and it appears to be 5 pics from the lines I count. Did you use aperature lock when you took these? That's the way a few of my panoramas came out when I didn't use the AE lock. You can use the smudge tool to eliminate some of the lines that are pretty visible if you use photoshop.

5. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i didn't use AE lock (at least not intentionally, and apparently not at all) as i just found out how to use it when i got back from the trip... good call, i never thought about that before. AE lock for panoramics, check.

the stitch program is the one that came with the camera, canon stitch i think? are there better ones? i never really considered that before...