panoramic shots

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i havent tried it before, so i am ignorant. how do you do a several picture panorama? do you just take a pic then rotate the tripod top to the edge of the first pic's frame? i'll probably be doing it with a film camera, so i want to get it right.

That would probably work. As long as the horizon was level. I've only done it in digital and then used a progrma to stitch. You might end up doing the same thing, but instead of having digital negatives you'll scan em in.

Well, I know I am new but I have reading a lot on this forum and magazines.

eDigtialPhoto says that you should take your first shot, then your second should be 1/3 of the first shot and so forth. I hope this makes sense. The reason they said you should use 1/3 is because the stitch program will recognize a lot better and you will get a better stitch. If you are a pro with these kind of programs, it will probably be easy to just take where the first one left off. Taking it at 1/3 may also help if you over or under-exposed the first or second shot.

Just my $.02 from eDigitalPhoto

Ronnie

Since I use the Digital Rebel, I typically use the focal points that are provided within the viewfinder. Now, I'm not terribly sure which camera you're using for such a project, but this may give you an idea:

focalpoints.jpg

This is the image you see when looking through the Digital Rebel. Most modern-day SLRs (digital or film) have markings that are similar to these. Whenever you're shooting a multi-image panoramic, first off, you want to make sure you're shooting in total manual (if you can) so that all the images going into the pano will possess the same exposure characteristics. Then I typically like to pick a specific object in the scene to put in either the extreme right or left box of the viewfinder, not the edge. That way, when I rotate the head on my tripod, I can put that object in the box on the other end (right or left, depending on which side you started from). Making sure that the object you pick to goes evenly into both squares prior to taking your shots will also insure that your horizon is level.

Most reactions

Back