Paper brand

Face

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
diasporarock.cjb.net
Today at school I tried out Kodak Paper. I was amazed at the Blacks on it. I'm used to Ilford, notorious for poor blacks, but I'm used to it. I'd love to switch to Kodak in my home enlarger, but two things: how much more is the paper, and how much are the filters?

I use kodak polymax and polycontrast paper. I havent really noticed much difference with the two types except that polymax may have a bit more highlights (on the back it doesnt have the kodak watermark, polycontrast does)

I buy my paper from b&h photo and video for $39.95 with tax for 100 sheets of 8x10's. You can buy 25 sheets for about $11.49.

I still have some old polycontrast filters with contrast grades of 1 to 4 in increments in 1/2 steps. You can pick up a new set of polymax filters for $30 with a lens mount (to hold the filter) and 12 filters no box though :(

I you have Ilford filters i dont see a reason why they shouldnt work with kodak paper

Hope some of this helps

I've used Ilford filters with Kodak and other brands of multi-grade paper. It seems to work alright to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back