aggiezach

Yup...
Reaction score
Website
jessandzach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy yo!

Alrighty I know this is kind of over done a lot with photography equipment in general so I thought I'd give it a try here :)

I have a very limited experience with different types of photo paper in the DR. I've pretty much only used Agfa (b/c its what I can get easily at the local camera shope, and when I say local I mean in houston which is 96 miles away from me) So my fellow dark roomies I was wondering if you all could offer some insight as to your preferred brand/type of paper! Any suggestions on which would be good for general purpose prints would be excellent. I can tell you that I do like mid-high contrast prints and that I would love to see a very rich black in any print that I would create... I know that a lot of that is affected by various other things in the process, but which papers have you all used that are just spectacular in your eyes :)

Thanks

Zach :D

I'm still waiting anxiously for my new paper to arrive! :D I will try to post back when I try it out and report in.

Other than that I have only really used the Ilford RC in normal and cooltone, both pearl, an Ilford FB in matte, Paterson RC pearl, and Kodak Polysomething RC glossy. (Guess I need to learn the official names if I want to be of any help, huh? :p) The box of Kodak was free so that was cool, but other than that I didn't really like it. So I am still looking for a paper to really click with.

oriecat said:
So I am still looking for a paper to really click with.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I've used the Agfa RC variable contrast paper, and its ok for most of the stuff I do, but I'm always open to suggestion! I too would one day like to try out the FB paper world! I love the prints on FB that I've seen in person, they just have this look and feel to them that really appeals to me! Maybe I'll give those a shot after I find an RC paper that I like (RC is usually the one in my price range :) )

I seem to recall being able to purchase a box of 25 8x10 sheets of the Agfa Classic 118 (fiber based) for about fourteen bucks....try a quick B&H search, Zach, you may be pleasantly surprised. That is one beautiful feeling paper. :D And even if you're not smitten with it, you're only in it for 25 sheets and less than $15.

Hmmm, maybe I was just not seeing straight :) I'll definitely give that a looksee... Sorry for the dumb things I say sometimes... no sleep + work + driving 200 miles today = bad combo :)

Edit: Just ordered a 25 pack of the Agfa 118 classic for like $16 from freestyle (trying to help out the forum)

Ilford FB is a little more pricey, I think.

I made myself curious after I semi-quoted that B&H price on the Agfa, so I thought I'd check again: $12.95 for a box of 25 sheets, as stated. I had it stored on my wish list. Not a bad price to check out a new paper. :D

Gosh, if I could just click everything that's on my B&H "wishlist" over to my "cart" I'd be a happy girl. :goodvibe: I have a very impressive wishlist, I'll have you know.

terri said:
:goodvibe: I have a very impressive wishlist, I'll have you know.

Oh do you now :wink:

:lol: just kidding!

Thats where I usually send people for my birthday or christmas (if they ask that is :) I'm not picky )

aggiezach said:
terri said:
:goodvibe: I have a very impressive wishlist, I'll have you know.

Oh do you now :wink:

:lol: just kidding!

Thats where I usually send people for my birthday or christmas (if they ask that is :) I'm not picky )

Yeah, I guess I forgot to specify this was a B&H "wish list" I was speaking of..... :wink: Although I DO have a special wish list, we can file that under "not for TPF viewing"! :p

Hey if you guys want good cheap fiber paper, try the Arista EDU from Freestyle. I here its good stuff and about half the price as everything else.

havoc said:
Hey if you guys want good cheap fiber paper, try the Arista EDU from Freestyle. I here its good stuff and about half the price as everything else.

Thanks for that; I've never heard of it and aim to try as many papers as I can! :D

Most reactions

Back