Paper Suggestions?

I might have missed it, but what f-stop are you printing at. For maximum sharpness and to get a longer exposure, you should be aroung f11.

eromallagadnama said:
Dang...I wondered if there wasn't something wrong with the processing of the film. The odd thing is that at the same time 2 other people did their film and it worked fine...but both were doing 400 as well...so I guess there's something wrong with my processing of the 100 film. The teacher has the timings posted, and it said that ISO 100 should be processed for just 30 secs more than the 400

The times are curious because according to Kodak Tmax 400 development times should be longer than Tmax 100 times.

Go to kodak.com and look at/print out the tech pub for Tmax.

Developed some new pics today and major difference :) Thanks Matt and Darin for the help!!! I will definitely be using f/11 as a starting point from now on :) I actually ended up using a 2 filter and the contrast was great. Again I can't thank you all enough for the help...I developed more film today as well and it turned out great as well.

As a noob, it's my job to ask this one: what's the advantage to RC paper to FB paper? I'm assuming that RC doesnt' curl as much when drying. Also, what's the difference between graded and variable contrast?

nealjpage said:
As a noob, it's my job to ask this one: what's the advantage to RC paper to FB paper? I'm assuming that RC doesnt' curl as much when drying. Also, what's the difference between graded and variable contrast?

RC paper dries flat without any effort. Glossy RC is very, very glossy, if that's what you like. It's cheaper than FB. Processing times are about half for developing and fixing. Washing times are about 1/3rd as long as FB.

Graded papers come as a particular contrast grade. Multigrade papers have layers of emulsion that are sensitive to blue and green light so that you can use various strengths of yellow and magenta filters to get any contrast grade from the same sheet of paper.

Most reactions

Back