Paper that is Silver for B & W

TeenieWahineVRK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well Hi y'all ... I am getting back into Photography after taking a 20 year Sabbatical. Back in HS we had this Silver paper that was used for normal B & W and it was awesome for a different take on it.... Has anyone come across this type of paper I cant seem to find it online anywhere.

EDIT...... needs to be for Darkroom use please

Last edited:
I just googled silver photo paper and a site called freedompaper.com came up and there is some under Fine art & photo, sub heading fine art photography. you can select metallic paper on the left side.

Thanks :) yeah cause I did a really cool reproduction of a pic of my grandmother on that paper I am thankful that I am back in the Darkroom :)

I just googled silver photo paper and a site called freedompaper.com came up and there is some under Fine art & photo, sub heading fine art photography. you can select metallic paper on the left side.
not for darkroom use :(

Well Hi y'all ... I am getting back into Photography after taking a 20 year Sabbatical. Back in HS we had this Silver paper that was used for normal B & W and it was awesome for a different take on it.... Has anyone come across this type of paper I cant seem to find it online anywhere.

All B&W darkroom paper has silver in it. It's part of what makes it light sensitive.

Are you sure it was a paper, and not a post processing step?

This sounds a lot like the Halo-Chrome system applied to a freshly made print. It's just a couple more baths, but uses standard b&w paper.

Even if that's not what you're remembering, perhaps it would be a viable substitute.

Once upon a time there was a company that made a line of darkroom papers with a metallic silvery sheen to them. I don't recall the name but I'm pretty sure they are long gone by now.

I don't know of any B&W photo paper for darkroom use that looks silver. Compur's probably right, that chances are whatever you're remembering isn't made any more.

Sadly, Compur is right. Stuff came in silver as well as gold and if I remember some colours too. Most likely long gone.

All B&W darkroom paper has silver in it. It's part of what makes it light sensitive.
Right but I am looking for the complete Metallic look

Once upon a time there was a company that made a line of darkroom papers with a metallic silvery sheen to them. I don't recall the name but I'm pretty sure they are long gone by now.
I think that is what I was looking for and I used them in the Early 90's

Most reactions

Back