Paper

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by droyz2000, Feb 15, 2007.

1. droyz2000

droyz2000 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am producing a body of work for my senior show. I am shooting all the photos with my D200 and then do PP work in photoshop. I need to know what some good kinds of paper are to print on. Cost means nothing to me, I want these prints to look as good as they can. They are going in a gallery so I do not want to cut corners. I would like to stick to matte paper as the glossy gives the view too much glare at times. Thank you for your help.

2. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Enhanced Matte will look great, I assume you are framing these photos. If your not I would go with a luster paper. I use an Epson 1800 and stick with Epson papers. I find the enhanced matte looks fantastic when behind glass.

3. droyz2000

droyz2000 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bump

4. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    I would use whatever matt paper is recommended for that particular printer. I use an Epson 2200 and print with the Epson enhanced matte paper (better archival life) or Epson Matte Heavyweight. If the final presentation is going to be behind glass, my experience is some sort of thick bright matte paper.

Depending on the look I am striving for, the watercolor paper from Epson is also nice if you want some sort of texture.