Paperbag? Okey Dokey...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by K8-90, May 6, 2008.

1. K8-90

K8-90 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These are a few shots from a school assignment. We were given a paperbag, and told to take 9 photos. Here are a few, please critique! This was my first time shooting in RAW (school camera, but not a DSLR) and I absolutly LOVE it! It's so great to be able to edit them without sacrificing quality!

I tried to do something different... everyone was just crumpling theirs up, so ripped mine and soaked it! We were only given one period to shoot. And I was using these clip-on lights, with nothing to attached them to, so I hand-held them. Very awkward, especially because they get REALLY hot!

Not masterpieces or anything, just an excersize. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. invisible

invisible Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Number 4 is a 9 in my book (it would be a 10 if it wasn't for that white reflection in the eye). Composition is great, her hair blends seamlessly with the paper bag, and her skin is beautifully exposed. Really cool shot.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

3. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Damn, man. What did that paper bag ever do to YOU?!

I liked the general composition of 1, but it didn't exactly floor me. I couldnt tell you why. #4 was very clever. I like it a lot.

It looks like maybe you could use a bit of color balancing? (particularly since you shot them raw- should be easy to adjust temperature)

I might sharpen them and deepen the contrast, maybe boost the saturation on a few to bring out some of the colors.

I also might do some more fun stuff with the bag. Put the cat in it. Tape it to a car and get a shot as someone drives down the street. I dunno... just kind of throw everything at it.

Also, I think the last 2 shots I would do as...

1. bag on fire
    2. ashes

Maybe you could even do a birth of the bag kind of thing and stick it under a tree. :) Do a whole bag life cycle. :)

4. K8-90

K8-90 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks!
    I love eyes, so that's one of my favs too! I'll try eliminating the white spot, and see how it looks :)

Paper bags are mean to me. This was revenge...Muhaha. lol

I was kind of going for a sterile, greenish glow, weird effect... Needs a better name... basically just because I liked playing with all the sliders on the photoshop RAW thing... :p

Glad you like 4 too! I think we have a keeper!

Haha, putting my cat in the bag and lighting it on fire - NOT at the same time - were the first things I wanted to do! But unfortunately she (teacher) wanted us to do them in class. So the water was all I had to work with... I'm gonna see if I can light it on fire there (I nearly did by resting the light on it, haha) or ask if I can do some at home... There's only so much you can do in that room...

Hey, I like the idea of the paperbag life-cycle, haha! May have to try that...

Thanks for all the comments and ideas guys!

5. RebelTasha

RebelTasha TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like 4, but I think 5 is my favourite...

6. K8-90

K8-90 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!

7. BuZzZeRkEr

BuZzZeRkEr TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Pretty cool composition on your pictures, but shooting raw and not using a DSLR?

You we're using a digital camera right? Must have been a point and shoot?

8. K8-90

K8-90 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!
    Yup, I was (pleasantly) surprised too! I just checked the EXIF, and it was a Fuji Finepix S527. I guess it is a prosumer P&S.