Park geometry O.o C&C

kows

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:) C&C appreciated , im very new with a fuji s2000hd.

4586784203_8d26d22499_b.jpg

4587413774_780c291012_b.jpg

I think the first one would be more interesting if we could see something blurry around the bench. Somebody walking away, or anything typical for park like playing children. Im newbie but those pics are boring in my opinion.

Thank you for your input :)

Yeah a child sitting on the bench or a child and parnt walking past would make it better. Good suggestion :p.

I think you've certainly got an eye for interesting lines. But for me the lines are not going anywhere, my eyes are following them and simply getting lost. Try playing around with guiding the viewers eye to a point of attention.

Or another way is to go completely abstract and try to get rid of the background stuff that is a bit distracting in the two images posted.

Hope this is helpful :)

Keep experimenting and posting those images! :D

cheers,
Ivar

ps how's the fuji s2000hd? enjoying it?

Thank you so much, very usefull advice :)

maybe tomorow i will post some similar pictures, taking into account what you said.

the s2000hd is a good camera, its my first decant camera. ( I think) its best at conveying bright colours, particularily yellows and reds.

Would you mind looking at some of my flickr photo's? you seem to be very skilled at photography. i like your photo's with people and their masks on(pretending to be animals) :D

Flickr: Kows1337's Photostream

Thanks Kows, glad to hear you like my work!

Just took a quick look at your flickr port and it does show you have a great eye for composition, but that you could try and play around a bit more with it. Take notice of all the stuff in the frame and also about lighting.

Here's an easy checklist you could give a try:

- does this object need to be in the frame?
> yes: how does it work the best?
> no: can I get it out of the frame?
>> yes: take it out, be it with moving around your self, the object or playing with depth of field/light. (Don't go trashing nature though just to get that perfect shot ;-))
>> no: how can I make it work for me / how can I get it so that it doesn't distract from what I want to show

Same goes for lighting and shadows, if there are harsh highlights or bad shadows in an image, see how you can work around them or make them work for you! Be it with reflectors/flashes/lights or just by being creative ;-)

To me photography is the art of understanding what every little thing adds to or removes from the image. Have you ever had a painting/drawing that you think felt good but then you added that one extra line/feature which ruined it? Photos are the same, except that you've got a bit more control ;-)

Keep on shooting and try looking at your images and seeing which images appeal the most to you, the images that really pop out...and then try finding out why that is ;-)

Thanks Kows, glad to hear you like my work!

Just took a quick look at your flickr port and it does show you have a great eye for composition, but that you could try and play around a bit more with it. Take notice of all the stuff in the frame and also about lighting.

Here's an easy checklist you could give a try:

- does this object need to be in the frame?
> yes: how does it work the best?
> no: can I get it out of the frame?
>> yes: take it out, be it with moving around your self, the object or playing with depth of field/light. (Don't go trashing nature though just to get that perfect shot ;-))
>> no: how can I make it work for me / how can I get it so that it doesn't distract from what I want to show

Same goes for lighting and shadows, if there are harsh highlights or bad shadows in an image, see how you can work around them or make them work for you! Be it with reflectors/flashes/lights or just by being creative ;-)

To me photography is the art of understanding what every little thing adds to or removes from the image. Have you ever had a painting/drawing that you think felt good but then you added that one extra line/feature which ruined it? Photos are the same, except that you've got a bit more control ;-)

Keep on shooting and try looking at your images and seeing which images appeal the most to you, the images that really pop out...and then try finding out why that is ;-)

+1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back