Park shot - need some help

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by amoki, Apr 30, 2005.

1. amoki

amoki TPF Noob!

hi all.

I was shooting in my university park when I came across this "scene".

This is what the park looks like with 1/200 shutter with the flowers and the trees and the pond and the blah blah blah...

[​IMG]

And this is what the sky looks like, with a different shutter (1250)speed:

[​IMG]

This is a near-evening shot, as you can tell from the sky. My problem is how do I "combine" these two shots when I shoot it with my D-rebel. Using the shutter speed in between made the picture worst. I just can't seem to find the right shutter speed to get the best of both shots... It is just near impossible to get both the sky and the near-evening hue of the scene. So anyone with any help? I used a EF-S 18-55mm lense for this two shots.

(The images have been resized, of course.)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah, good question, Amoki, and I am curious to hear the answer, too. I took a similar photo, also in a park, a couple of weeks ago, one clearly showing the park, one the sky, never any good of both in ONE photo... :( So I was wondering whether I should ask "the experts on TPF" for some help... I didn't. Thank YOU for asking. (Some know how to combine pictures in PS...)

3. emayd

emayd No longer a newbie, moving up!

This is a sample, what possible to do with it.

Only some sugestions(recomendations) - both pictures should be done from the same point with same focus length and differents not more then 2 apperture steps.

[​IMG]

4. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

or use a ND grad filter - might be difficult to use without a distinct horizon, but it basically reduces the amount of light coming in from the sky and lets the light in from the foliage etc.

5. amoki

amoki TPF Noob!

So you mean, I have to control the aperture instead of the shutter?

And is it possible to salvage anything from the photo? I shot it in RAW.

6. emayd

emayd No longer a newbie, moving up!

You can use a shutter two. I told only about two steps difference. If it will be more then 2, it will be less realisting. Or you can use 3 pictures. In this case the bracketting will be 4 steps.

In current case two steps is a llimit ( I think), because you have also a sky reflection in the water.