Parliament

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't got a decent shot of The Houses of Parliment yet so when out after work on a mission...

parliment2.jpg

Cheers,

Mohain

:shock: Wow! Your mission was well fulfilled

Mission accomplished! You must be pleased with that one ... the clouds and setting sun really draw your eye into the shot. Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful, great HDR effect and wonderful catch with the clouds. I love it.

The only thing I could thing that would improve it for me (and your mileage may vary, take it with a grain of salt) is maybe using a heavy ND filter to get a very long exposure (30seconds or so) to give the water a surreal smooth texture.

Very nice. I don't know if you noticed, but somewhere in your processing, you introduced some posterization to the water in the foreground, in the highlights. I don't know if this is part of the resizing, or if it's in your full res file.

Very nice. I don't know if you noticed, but somewhere in your processing, you introduced some posterization to the water in the foreground, in the highlights. I don't know if this is part of the resizing, or if it's in your full res file.

Hi Matt,

I thought that too and went back to the originals (it's a 3 photo combine in Photomatix) and they are there in the original images. It's just reflections in the water so I thought I'd leave them in. However, I do find them distracting (I might try retouching them out).

I am struggling with the crop a little in this shot. I wanted more water than sky but feel the water is slightly too dominating. I'll post tonight in Indepth Critique to get (your ;)) feedback.

Thanks for the feeback,

Mohain

Most reactions

Back