Partial Eclipse

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The eclipse was only partial where I am so it wasn't really anything crazy exciting but I did manage to take a picture just for fun. I spent most of the time watching it using shade 14 welding glass rubber banded to my binoculars, it worked pretty well!!

This picture below was taken kind of late. Wish I did this when it was at the peak but oh well.

I took this hand held, no filters shooting with the D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR at 1/4000th, f/32, ISO 50. Don't worry...I didn't look at the sun. There was a jet flying just near the sun and that allowed me to focus and fired off a few shots without looking at the viewfinder and I got this.

Atleast its something different I suppose.

View attachment 145466

Erwin-170821-13891.jpg

Yay! We all did what we could do with available viewing, weather, and equipment. :)

There were some huge solar flares visible from here. Look along the right side of the sun and keep in mind that it's in the vicinity of 93 million miles away so they are enormous. And, yes, I did kick the contrast and saturation up a little bit to make them more visible, but not a lot.

2017-08-21-04.jpg

Oh you are just showing off!!

Nah, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Literally! Nashville was one of the prime viewing spots and people came from all over the country.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back