"Partial spray-prints" or "I have an idea and I don't know where to post this thread"

Je-C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
je-c.smugmug.com
Good evening forum-ites.

Have you ever typed out a couple paragraphs to explain something in a silly, fun way then deleted it? Ok, so straight to the point as I normally enjoy...

I took a pic of a CD on a table. The CD's glossy and the table's flat. I ordered both glossy and matte prints on Shutterfly and went to Wal-mart to get two types of spray (glossy sealer and matte sealer)

I cut out the CD from one print and put it directly ontop of another, then sprayed the print with matte spray. I took away the CD cutout and now I have a print with a glossy CD and a matte table on one print.

I don't know if this has a method, but let's call it "Jesse's partial spray method". Kidding, but I would like to know if anyone uses this. Now that I know it works, what could be some good ideas for its use? Maybe glasses of water on a matte or canvas background (print only of course, not a canvas print or anything)? heh

Oh look, I've wound up typing out paragraphs regardless! lol Anyway, all responses would be helpful! Remember, if you saw it here first, it was my idea! :lol:

I've this technique used on product brochures and packaging many times. Still a sharp-looking technique, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back