Party!

tsaraleksi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been shooting sorority formal functions, and have been trying to refine my techniques to fulfill both a technical/personal success in the images, creating interesting, well executed/composed images, as well as achieving the commercial goal, creating images that the girls who hired me will be happy with as well as giving the girls pictures of themselves and their friends that they will enjoy, which creates a lot of constraints. Here are some images from my last event, I'd appreciate any comments or critiques.

1)
423239012_GhXP8-L.jpg

2)
423188276_9G6u9-L.jpg

3)
423159953_STb8d-L.jpg

4)
423105207_JQjYn-L.jpg

5)
423080643_6ijAb-L.jpg

6)
423063513_vioUU-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look

Last edited:
I think they are GREAT! But number 4 is a little weird. I don't really like that one.

Nice work! But, just tell us, por favor, how many strobes did you have set up?

Nice work! But, just tell us, por favor, how many strobes did you have set up?

My setup was thus:

It's all pretty straightforward-- everything is probably 1/200ish, f/5.6-7.1, ISO 200-400, with two AB800s on full power sitting up on a second floor balcony, firing into the ceiling, accompanied by a 580EX on camera to provide fill, mostly concerned with dark shadows in the eyes. I mostly used a 17-40, generally on the wide end, and some of these were shot over my head-- I set the camera into 'ring-of-fire' AF point selection mode, hold the camera up, and compose via the AF assist light on the flash, which works fairly well considering I don't crop a lot.

White balance was just left in AWB, I tinkered with it a little bit in post.

Ah, college. Good to see some things never change. Very nice series, #3 is my fav. Although I find #4 really funny....

Most reactions

Back