Passing through DC

Juice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm moving to NY and my route is taking me right through the middle of Washington DC, so I decided to stay a couple of days and explore. I took a ton of pics (of course), but I'll only share a few for now. Despite the multitudes of tourists, there were still many good photo ops to be had!

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

I went last year and stayed a weekend, walked and walked and walked!!! I thought I could see it all in a day and a half. Boy was I wrong. There are so so so many photo ops in DC. I loved it there, the metro is so clean and safe fealing for such a large city. Maybe I will post a few pics of my DC trip....don't want to hijack your thread....yet. lol, jk if you don't want me to post them in your thread thats fine too.

I'm sure there's a political joke in #2 somewhere but I'm too tired to come up with it. :D

Love the Washington Monument shot - interesting angle and the flag adds a lot to it.

I'm curious on the shot of the wall - was there a name in particular (i.e. a relative) that you were after, or were you just trying to find an angle you liked?

1) dun know if i really like the bush reflection.
2) could use some fill light on bird and trees
3) not bad

I'm going to be different and say that I love the first picture. The juxtaposition of the names with the reflection of the Washington monument brings to mind the love of country for which all of those men died.

I like the first one too. I wonder what it would have looked like if the focus had been on the reflection. Either way it's thought provoking.

I like the first one too. I wonder what it would have looked like if the focus had been on the reflection. Either way it's thought provoking.

Not very good. Maybe if I had gotten the reflection and names in closer focus it would have worked, but the one shot I tried that with didn't come out that great so I scrapped the idea.

I'm sure there's a political joke in #2 somewhere but I'm too tired to come up with it. :D

Love the Washington Monument shot - interesting angle and the flag adds a lot to it.

I'm curious on the shot of the wall - was there a name in particular (i.e. a relative) that you were after, or were you just trying to find an angle you liked?

I was trying to find an angle without people in it. Kind of had to take what I could get.

I don't know anyone on the wall, but my dad (Vietnam vet) knows his share.

Honest Abe was a Swan? :meh:

OP-No pictures of the Brickskellar? You missed out on DC's finest institution.

my favorite is the first one with how you got the reflection off of the vietnam wall. I remember stoping there as I was passing through from south carolina to pennsylvania and had some free time. It was just so moving walking slowly along the vietnam wall. I had my camera with me but didn't take a picture... I just was so moved

I was thinking more along the lines of... ahem.. *drumroll*

"Anytime you walk around DC, you're sure to find a lot of quacks."

I was thinking more along the lines of... ahem.. *drumroll*

"Anytime you walk around DC, you're sure to find a lot of quacks."

Geese don't quack.

Nice stuff, although not feeling 2nd one. I live near DC so I'm excited to go out there and take some photos once I get my new camera. I think I'm going for the Canon T1i over XS

I actually really like the Vietnam memorial shot. The reflection is great, but what I really liked was how it was focused on the left and it became more oof as you panned to the right. Almost like the names of the soldiers fade the further away it is in history. Thought provoking.

I don't care too much for the goose shot, though I do like the water texture in the background.

Flag shot is ok (not a fan of the texture change towards the bottom of the Washington Monument myself)

Most reactions

Back