Passport photo

TreeofLifeStairs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
treeoflifestairs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I need to get our passports and I wanted to save some money by taking our passport photos. Are there requirements that need to be met when taking them? I'm thinking background colors, or size; things like that.

Yes, there are a very strict set of requirements. I would suggest that you check your Federal Gov't webpage, as I'm sure it will spell them out in detail. The basic outline is: Plain background, even (flat) lighting, minimal/no shadow, and the head must take up approximately 2/3 of the frame. Also note that the photographer's business stamp/name is normally required on the back.

My wife and I need to get our passports and I wanted to save some money by taking our passport photos. Are there requirements that need to be met when taking them? I'm thinking background colors, or size; things like that.

From the official site It was difficult to find (I had to GOOGLE "passport photo specifications")
Photo Composition Template
Photographer's Guide
Perfect, thanks. That's exactly what is was looking for.

From the official site It was difficult to find (I had to GOOGLE "passport photo specifications")
Photo Composition Template
Photographer's Guide
Perfect, thanks. That's exactly what is was looking for.

you're welcome.

Also note that the photographer's business stamp/name is normally required on the back.

Must depend on where you are. Not a requirement for passport renewal photos at the US Embassy in Bogotá.

You also can take the JPG into their software on the passport website and resize it to make it fit within their sizes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back