TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Suggestions???

Symmetry.jpg

It's hard to tell because it's bigger than I can see all at one time here on my work monitor, but I think maybe there is too much ceiling at the top, maybe crop it closer to where the columns start. i will check again from home tho, where I should be able to see the whole thing at once...

I don't think you CAN actually straighten it, for when you straighten the columns on the right, those on the left will become crooked. It's the wide angle effect.

I quite like it for its colours and lighting and for the lines, but I'd follow oriecat's suggestion to crop out whatever ceiling there is up to the first column.

Then you MIGHT want to try and straighten it a bit, but I'm not sure you'll succeed entirely.

The only tiny thing that bothers me are the letters on that building in the righthand background. You ought to have gone to the owners of that shop and ask them to take those down for the moment... ;););).

But what does all that photoshopping do if you want to put up an enlarged print for display (exposition)? You can't, can you? Not with a purely digital photo? Or can you?

Cropping, yes, that is something that you can do easily to a print, once it is large enough, for example.

But making all those changes in PS and then STILL wanting to get a large print? Is that possible? And isn't it quite expensive?

I'm still thinking very "print-oriented", I'm afraid...

Personally I'd move to the right and reshoot this. Move far enough so the each column on the right is just visible.

For me the problem is the hallway isn't long enough for a true vanishing point, and when you get to the end there really isn't anything to focus on.

the door is there, but my eye is drawn to the ceiling detail and when I get to the end I have to search for a focal point.

It does have nice colors in it though. What does it look like at night with the lights on? That might make an interesting shot as well.

LaFoto said:
But what does all that photoshopping do if you want to put up an enlarged print for display (exposition)? You can't, can you? Not with a purely digital photo? Or can you?

Cropping, yes, that is something that you can do easily to a print, once it is large enough, for example.

But making all those changes in PS and then STILL wanting to get a large print? Is that possible? And isn't it quite expensive?

I'm still thinking very "print-oriented", I'm afraid...

All you need to do is a tiny bit of perspective adjustment. It doesn't hurt the quality at all. I don't know what you mean by "expensive", other than, yes photoshop is quite expensive :p

Technically you need to straighten the horizon and move to the left just a tad to get the straight on thing happening. It is a tad short for the disappearing corridor effect as well but I see tons of possibilities if you were to head back and reshoot it.

I'd shoot it when there are a bunch of people coming and going and do some 30sec or more time lapse stuff so you'd atleast have some subject matter. And for fun you could go hyperfocal with a prop in the foreground like Ali's chair or something. I'd also wait till later in the day so the light on the right side wouldn't get totally blown out.

That's what I see anyway...................

I agree with bug on this one. The hallway isn't long enough to create a nice vanishing point. You might want to try a different angle because of that reason. I would either try shooting from the right or try on the left side using the sunlight to create an interesting background.

First I must say...SORRY that I am too late to reply :cry:

Harpper
Hmm...I didn't think about Vanishing point :S
I've also thought so...but there were people out there...and it's a busy place...so...

malachite
Your tips are fantastic...I'll need to discusll with you lot :)
But I don't know how to straighten it with PS...I am weak in PS :S
I liked your suggestions on people and 30 sec shutter....I'll try it soon :)

photobug
I've done it while I was travelling to another town...surely when I'll reach again I'll try to make a shot at night :) and there was no place left behind me, so I couldn't go back :S About the composition of the foucus I wanted to keep the ceiling to make it also symmetric with the hoirzontal line :)

markc
I am not that good in PS..but what are the procedures sir???

LaFoto
"I'm still thinking very "print-oriented", I'm afraid..."
But here in my town...I've no provison for taking digital photo printing...I've to go to another town for this purpose...but yes there are many darkrooms for analogers :)

"wide angle effect" what's this :S ???

ha..ha.. you've watched the letters! Sharp eyez mam ;)

But I can remove them with PS I think...don't know how better will it look then ;)

oriecat
Same thing again...straigten but HOW? can anyone show me :S

And thanks to you all for viewing and valuable comments on this one :D

I am not that good in PS..but what are the procedures sir???

1. Click and hold on the eye-dropper tool and select "Measure Tool" from the DDM (drop-down-menu).
2. With the Measure Tool, trace a line on the top or bottom edge of the door at the end of the hall (or any other horizontal line that should be horizontal
3. Select IMAGE from the menu bar.
Click ROTATE CANVAS
Click ARBITRARY
Click OK
4 Crop as necessary

Most reactions

Back