Path

dream rider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This picture was in my other weekend fishing trip but i made it B&W and thought it looked better, tell me what you think!

10_9A.jpg

I think it would be improved if you boosted the contrast a bit, also it seems to me that the DOF is a bit too shallow, afterall it is a photo of a path and much of the path is out of focus.

I do like the texture on the large tree, keep shooting :)

Anyway you can post the colour image? I like the composition, but the only problem I have is my eye doesnt 'rest' on anything. It moves back and forth between the large tree trunk on the right, and the smaller on the left, before going down the path. Perhaps an increase in contrast will help lead the eye better. :D

Must agree here: this one makes me LONG intensely for the colour version ... I am not sure the black and white version is really making this photo more interesting... and do you know that photographing and sharing one's favourite footpaths is very "en vogue" on TPF right now? We therefore also created a new Theme thread over in the Photo Themes where you can all make your favourite footpaths 'immortal' -- heehee :D.

i have to appologize, i shot on film and got it transferred to a kodak cd, and once you change the pictures you cant change it back, ill see what i can do, but even on the CD its black and white, sorry!

Also this isnt my footpath, it was behind my campsite for a weekend, i wasnt sure if i should've put it in there or not. thanks!

Jeff

"My" footpath does not mean we "own" them... in the case of some of the ones that I am showing in that Theme thread I don't even walk them frequently... they are just on MY photos... I think that makes them "mine" enough, or doesn't it?
And could you not scan the colour print?

my scanner doesnt work, my regular computer is broken right now, and im on a little Pentium2 that my printer/scanner's software will not fit on it...im still trying;)

this is all i can get, my other attempt at it that was out of focus:blushing: , here it is

11_10A.jpg

sorry i couldnt get the origional.

Jeff

Most reactions

Back