Paths in the Woods

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't decide which I like better. I'm collecting my best "path" pictures together, as I seem to have quite a few of them, and they're generally pretty (one of them won a red ribbon at the county fair). I can't decide which of these two should make the cut (same trail). The first I like the colour, but I think the second has a bit more interest.

oct 17 spencer creek trail by civgirlca, on Flickr

oct 12 006 path in the woods by civgirlca, on Flickr

For me it's easily #2. Shadows "Define". Just beautiful! No fair you get fall colors and I don't.

I like the second.

The light is definitely more interesting in the second one.

I prefer #2 because of the contrast between light and dark, and a somewhat better composition. The problem I see with #2 is that the path appears to be going toward a dead end. There is a log across the path and that end is much darker than nearer the camera. Going into lighter would be a little more interesting, or if the path were unobstructed by a log it would appear more inviting.

Designer, thank you - I see what you're looking at now, thank you! I'll keep those things in mind next time, for sure.

Rick50 - I LOVE the fall weather. All that colour, and the light gets nice earlier in the day (and later in the morning, haha). Winter is nipping at our heels, though, which is the trade off. :)

Thanks to everyone else, so far #2 is on the list, but we've got a few more hikes to go this year, so we'll see if this one stays in.

The second one! I prefer the crop where you get more trees!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back