PC crashes with photoshop after adding ram

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Added 8GB of Ram recently for a total for 16gb for photoshop, and recently whenever I use photoshop or
premiere pro my computer will experience the blue screen of death. I checked temps, so it's not overheating.

If I don't use photoshop or adobe, I experience no crashes. Any ideas?

Are they the same brand? Can you get into to BIOS and see if your timings are consistent with each other? Chances are you just need to increase your DRAM Voltages, thats a lot of toll on the MOBO.

I did re-install photoshop.

They are the same exact brand and model. I can get into the bios. My mobo is Z68MA - ED55

I have a feeling this is a voltage issue. What are your voltages set to in BIOS?

What version of photoshop? You need to install the 64 bit versions to utilize extra ram.

Sometimes taking the battery out of the mobo for 10-15 min will do the trick. Do this with the tower unplugged.

Also check your event logs in the Event viewer as it might give you some clue to whats going on.It could be a bad stick that will run fine until a memory intense program starts then it crash dumps.

Silly question but have you tried reinstalling the ram? Sometimes if the fit isn't right it will throw up an error.

Also check your event logs in the Event viewer as it might give you some clue to whats going on.It could be a bad stick that will run fine until a memory intense program starts then it crash dumps.

How do I do this?

Silly question but have you tried reinstalling the ram? Sometimes if the fit isn't right it will throw up an error.

Yes. Although the clips prevent improperly seated ram.

This might make it easier them me explaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back