PC crashes with photoshop after adding ram

Download hardware monitor and screen shot the voltage area. Up your vram voltage to 1.65v. Don't go any higher.

Download hardware monitor and screen shot the voltage area. Up your vram voltage to 1.65v. Don't go any higher.

$voltage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess that was no help.

Ok, so my computer just crashed again, it's been a couple days since the last time it did. This time I wasn't in photoshop. Event viewer doesn't show anything

Ok, so my computer just crashed again, it's been a couple days since the last time it did. This time I wasn't in photoshop. Event viewer doesn't show anything

Well, at least you're aware that there's an issue...

Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) | Know Your Meme

One of many peoples' all-time favorite Windows-centric videos is this instant classic, from the big ComDex computer show...in front of literally hundreds and hundreds of eager Windoids...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take the memory that you just installed back out does it still crash?

If you run JUST the new memory does it still crash?

If, as you said, the memory is identical, what happens if you use one of the original sticks and one of the new? If nothing, then try the other new stick.

If you take the memory that you just installed back out does it still crash?

If you run JUST the new memory does it still crash?

If, as you said, the memory is identical, what happens if you use one of the original sticks and one of the new? If nothing, then try the other new stick.

There's nothing that triggers the crash, at least, I haven't found what triggers it yet.

Have you run a Memory test yet like I suggested before?

When I upgraded ram on a mac I had 1-2 crashes every day.....it turned out that one of the sets was bad. I replaced the bad one and have not had a problem since. You might want to check the ram you updated.

Not yet, I forget to set it before I go to sleep

Cool, yeah running it while you sleep is a good idea it may take a good long while with that much memory. Last time I ran a memtest on a 16GB machine it too about 8 hours to get two full passes.

Run serveral memtest first. It make sure you use some air can to blow dusk out and use a anti static brush to clean the slot if needed. Sometimes mixing the rams around will fix it also. Sometimes bad mem could pass so I usually double check by testing it 2nd time in different slot and I test haft of the rams each time. So I would devide into two set, and four testing needs to be done. Also try to download latest graphic card driver from the net, remove the installed driver, reboot and install the new version just to clear that out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back