PC for Photo Editing

Quad-core processor is overkill
8 gigs of memory is overkill
You'd be better off with a couple smaller drives (2x250gb maybe)
Blu-ray drive is unnecessary and overpriced right now

Not to mention that motherboard has pretty bad reviews. And video card trumps integrated graphics any day.

If you guys think that you need a graphics card to edit photos, then stick a Radeon HD4670 on a P5Q Pro motherboard, and go to town.

If gaming is your goal, go back to the original build linked at TR.

I'm on the same situation. My laptop broke. Anyways, I don't mean to hijack the thread but it might help you out as well.

I'll be getting this probably from NCIX NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. but I'll be downgrading it. I don't need the 8GB atm.

I have a question though. Do I need a good GFX card? I don't have two monitors so I can't really do the whole 'Dual Monitor' thing, so would an onboard video card suffice? even when I do dual monitor, I can just get a cheap video card that lets me do this, right? I don't plan to play games.

I was thinking of getting Intel Q6600 with Asus P5Q Pro, 4GB Ram, and EVGA E-Geforce 9800GT, 500GB HD for around $800.

I was hoping to spend only $600. Is there any other similar setup? A "bang for the buck" kinda thing.

Just before Christmas, I took delivery of a new PC. The specs are...

Intel i7 920 Processor 2.66GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
750Gb HDD
ATI Radeon 4850 512Mb graphics
24" Monitor
Built-in Bluetooth/15-in-1 card reader
DVD/CD Burner (Not Blu-ray as it would be a waste).
Windows Vista Premium (64-bit)

My new Canon XSi arrives tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Sorry but he's lost me at factory calibrated for both AdobeRGB and sRGB colour I think you'll find that every screen in existence is factory calibrated. :lol:

Most reactions

Back