PC Mouse for Photoshop

Too small becomes a pain to use. I recommend getting a Wacom tablet somewhere in the 8x5" range. 6x4 doesn't cut it especially if you use a widescreen monitor and it becomes 6x3"

The first thing I did when I started using my tablet, was to change the tracking so that the area of the tablet did not represent the area of the screen. If I remember correctly, it's now relative instead of absolute. This way, I can pick it up and replace it, to give myself more room...just like a mouse.
I found this fixed the problem of the small tablet...but either way, it's just something you get used to.

I've been using an Intuos tablets just about since the first ones hit Canadian shelves. IMO, they're as indispensible to photo-editing as my enlarger was in wet darkroom days. I'm currently using Intuos3 6x9 widescreen tablet and love it. The Bamboo line are okay, but if you can afford it, move up to the Inuos line; the difference in quality and function is amazing. As for comparing tablets to mice; after you've used a table for a while, trying to do fine selections or layer masks with a mouse will seem like trying to play a guitar while wearing oven mitts.

Have you guys seen the new Intuos4 tablets from Wacom? They have customizable buttons with illuminated display...and several other new options...very cool looking.

Have you guys seen the new Intuos4 tablets from Wacom? They have customizable buttons with illuminated display...and several other new options...very cool looking.

Seems to be the same actual tablet as the '3' but with a few shinier buttons. Typical, only a few months after I bought my last one. :grumpy:

I've been using, thanks to my repeated stress injury of typing and PS'ing, the Microsoft Natural Laser 6000. . .it has 5 buttons, and is EXTREMELY PS friendly, especially the magnifier button for when you are outlining, etc. . .

I was, due to my RSI, restricted to ergonomic mice though. . .

if you're still considering an actual mouse the two i use are the Logitech MX518 and the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. These two mice are the most popular gaming mice and have been for years. Use one of them and you see why.

The only reason i use both of them is one for work and one for play. I prefer the intellimouse's shape and button position for daily use office type activity and i prefer the mx518's shape and button position for gaming and photo editing.

Most reactions

Back