Peace not war is in her soul.

InTheViewFinder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and critique would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for looking!

Emmagettingonthetank.jpg

I'm not connecting the title with the image.

I can't see her face and that bothers me.

She is climbing up a tank.

She is for peace and against war.

Well I kinda just captured her in the moment of climbing up the tank.

I am having a hard time with the title and the picture as well. It's a girl on a tank...but the image doesn't ilistrate anything more then that for me. Put a protest sign in her hand next time ;)

For some reason it looks like I can see the pixels around her...or sqwigles or something. Not sure what that is or if it's just my eyes. She's also dead center in the middle...maybe if you had had her to the right a bit and more of the tank? It's kinda hard to tell it's a tank except for the treds.

Well the title is for her saying Peace is in her soul and well the tank is usually used in wars

At that moment we didn't know we were going there and we didn't have that much time there as well.
I hope to go back there and take more photos of her there. With protest signs and take more in depth photos.

You are right I can see the pixels around her as well. I will try and fix that.

Thank you for critiques and comments Digital Diva and sweetsomedays.

It's a pleasure. I look forward to seeing your new images, if you get to go back! :)

As a Marine wife the subject touches a sore spot. As someone who can appreciate photography I look forward to the interesting subject and any other future images you post :)

As a Marine wife the subject touches a sore spot. As someone who can appreciate photography I look forward to the interesting subject and any other future images you post :)

Thank you very much. :)

Oh you are a marines wife, what are your thoughts about war? If you would like to share if not than that's alright.

I would like to do some kind of series about the subject from all different view points about war.

It kind of looks like a John Deere tractor. Since it's a tank, I kind of like to think that she wants to do what's right for our country and join the military. Maybe she wants to be a tank driver. Although she's saluting with the wrong hand. ;)

You really did cut off to much of what would have added to the story of the image. And the shadows don't help. So you might want to keep that in mind next time and try when the lighting is better.

Usually people that ask what others think about war so they can do a series are looking for people that don't believe a country has to be strong to be free. They believe war is wrong no matter what the reason. And then there are those of us that know you don't have to like war to understand that being prepared to go to war and actually going is what keeps our country free.

Mike

It kind of looks like a John Deere tractor. Since it's a tank, I kind of like to think that she wants to do what's right for our country and join the military. Maybe she wants to be a tank driver. Although she's saluting with the wrong hand. ;)

You really did cut off to much of what would have added to the story of the image. And the shadows don't help. So you might want to keep that in mind next time and try when the lighting is better.

Usually people that ask what others think about war so they can do a series are looking for people that don't believe a country has to be strong to be free. They believe war is wrong no matter what the reason. And then there are those of us that know you don't have to like war to understand that being prepared to go to war and actually going is what keeps our country free.

Mike

Thank you Mike for your opinion. Yes I know the shadows don't help much. I will keep it in mind for when and if I get to go back to take some more in depth photos.

Well I'm looking for all different points of views about war and this war to do a series including the pros and the cons of war. With emotions for and against war.

I think she was fixing her bandanna, but it does look like she is saluting.

This particular photo doesn't do anything for me - mainly due to the "dead center" composition and the fact that the shadows are strong and hide her face. However, I will look out for any new posts - I like the imagery you were trying to create.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back