Peaches

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I was trying to get a picture of a peach tree the other day and for whatever reason I could not get one I was completely happy with. For the lighting I only have the ability for it to be on camera.... For now.

Here are the settings

Shutter Speed 1/100
Aperture Value 10.0
ISO Speed 400

4832781353_87d19a837c_b.jpg

This specific tree has very deep and sentimental value to me and I just want to give it justice and get the best possible picture

Any comments appreciated

You probably don't like it because it's rather flat. If you want to go with the same shot, I'd maybe get your flash off camera to the right or left to give some shadow to one side of the group of peaches. If you can't you could just hold some type of reflective surface like posterboard off to the side and bounce your flash off of that to direct the light back to the peaches.

If this were me, I'd probably try to get the tree at sunset or sunrise and get the natural sunlight to bring out the colors of the peaches and maybe even shoot a couple of shots towards the sun. Its hard to describe what i'm picturing, but overall just more directional, natural feeling light would add so much to the photo. Get creative with angles, I almost never shoot straight on.

I'd consider going wider with the shot as well, especially if the tree has sentimental value, not just these three peaches ;-) .

Just some ideas.

~Tom

ya looks a bit flat to me and the colors don't pop out.

try turning ur iso down to 100-200.

Thanks for the response. I will defiantly try the different flash placement when I get some way of getting it off camera. I will try different angles too but the main focus is the peaches themselves so I will try a bunch of different angles and see if any of them jump out at me.

Thanks for the response!

Most reactions

Back