pearls, promise, promiscuity - may not be work safe

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by motcon, Sep 20, 2003.

1. motcon

motcon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i adore hie for people work. less than 1% of my hie is the typical 'dark sky, puffy white clouds and foliage, and thrown in junk for shadow values'. that said.....

[​IMG]

f100
    hie@200
    #25 filter
    deved in xtol
    selenium toned

if your monitor is not calibrated to view photos on the web, i promise that this will look funky.

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love HIE for portraiture - it really imparts a luminescence to the skin that sets it apart. Gorgeous!! I'm not 100% certain I like the crop here, cropping out the left breast and part of the shoulder is throwing my eye off on this nude. But then I don't have the benefit of seeing the entire image. Beautiful catchlights here.

Overall, great portrait!

signed,
    Terri (who really adores HIE for landscapes - the dark sky/poufy white clouds/white foliage thing, and stark barren desolate images too! So nyahhh. :p ) :wink:

3. motcon

motcon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    nudes are landscapes. ;)

that said, left breast intentionally cropped as it was far too weighted to the lrc. the crop forces focus on the 1/3 urc and um.

i have shot a lot of 'olan mills' portraiture with appendages and other crap 'in frame' just because convention(?) requires it. outside of that, i shoot emotively and cerebrally.

the real question is, 'does this leave you with any feeling of the subject?'

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The answer to the last question is Yes - positive reaction to a beautiful image. I was pretty sure the crop was intentional, but thanks for the clarification on that! :)