Peekaboo.

Ideally the camera would also need to be able to take super-close shots like this one of facial stubble: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1474/stubbleap7.jpg

Presumably the bog-standard Cannon 400d wouldn't be able to take pictures like this, but are there any special canon macro lenses around that would be compatible with it?

errrr last i checked the body of the alpha was around 800....but that was l last month. im soooo looking forward to the flagship A1 this september. but yea i found the alpha a100 the best fit for me, i have fairly big hands so i couldnt really shoot with something dainty. and thanks garbz....i was all mad when i took a 40 minute exposure and there was a purple fringe to the edges of the photo, thought i got a bad sensor.

Monster the DSLR is just the sensor and control. Photos like that are easily achieveable with even a cheaper Canon 300D. It all comes down to the lens. On a budget you could even get a zoom lens and try and get creative mounting it backwards to get crazy shots like that, which judging by the look of it is exactly what was done.

As for the long exposures it's unfortunate that digital cameras fail in that regard. I guess this is a good reason to keep an old film camera around. And as said above the people didn't even register as a blur in that long photo of new york. They looked like a faint mist.

to get the facial stubble like that you're going to need some serious focal lengths with extension tubes.

Ooh. Ok. I maybe won't bother with the stubble thing.

One last question, I'm thinking of buying the 400d without a lens, so that I can get exactly the types of lenses I'm wanting from ebay. I'm thinking of looking for three different lenses.

A powerful zoom lens

A close-up macro lens (although maybe not quite as close as in the picture above)

And an all-round lens, for as wide a range of pictures as possible

Do you recommend any particular canon lenses that fit into these three categories? Also, I'm on a semi-tight budget so nothing extremely expensive. (maybe no more than $250 per lens on ebay)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back