Pelican Case

ranmyaku

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jpgmag.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know which Pelican case would hold a DSLR + 2 lenses? I don't have any store near me that has any to go check out.

Ideally it would hold only the DSLR and the 2 lenses, since I need it to be fairly compact to fit inside of another larger backpack.

How large of a backpack are we talking about? Like for backpacking? Anything smaller like a regular bookbag or school backpack will probably be too small for most pelican cases.

Probably about a 1200 would work well for 1 SLR and a couple of lenses.

I can put a 70-200, 24-105 & 50mm W the body in my 1450 case (padded dividers), although the same equipment travels with more padding in the 1600. :thumbup:

-Shea

Yeah it is a fairly large backpack. One that is designed to be used to backpack around Europe, Asia, etc.

Trying to decide how to carry my camera gear around on my upcoming trip. Over the past few months I've traveled a lot with my gear inside a Crumpler bag, and just carried it on the plane.

The problem is that nowadays, everyone carries their crap on the plane to avoid fees, so everything gets crammed into an overhead or under the seat. Several times I had to get ugly with someone on the plane for knocking into my stuff or cramming bags.

I'll be spending a lot of time on trains and planes, so I wanted a hard case for my gear. I'm gonna go light and just take my body (maybe 2) and 2 lenses. I was thinking about getting a hard case that would fit inside of my regular backpack that will contain my clothes, and then also carry the 4million dollar home crumpler bag...which can be folded up and put inside my backpack as well. That way I can use it for when I make daytrips sightseeing.

Last edited:
I can just barely stuff the 1450 into an late 80's Oakley backpack, even thought about doing a hard mount to a backpacking frame. Ended up with a Velocity 8X that I modified by putting a backpacking belt through the factory storage compartment. I can get the same equipment list in the thing and put the load on the hips were it belongs. REI has the belts, a tri or monpod can hang off a strap on either side.

-Shea

Sheas_pelican1550on-frame-Comp.jpg

Most reactions

Back