Penny for your thoughts?

LoveAlwaysJami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello forum.. first of all this scares me to death to be honest. I've seen where other people have posted their shots and people have been very mean (not constructive). Please let me just start by saying, Ive never taken classes.. I only have a digital P.O.S camera.. and really only can afford Picasas free editing version =) I really would like to know, with all of those factors in play, mostly what you would've done differently. Angles, lighting, backgrounds, etc. What started as taking MY families photo's on trips and birthdays has turned into family requesting my time to capture their memories on a regular basis. I've been interested in photography my whole life, but this is the first time I've ever dug deep into it. Please take a look and help all you can. I'm not trying to replace anyone, Im not trying to make money, Im just trying to get better. Thanks Guys!

My Nephew, Logan ..Us having fun while babysitting :)

Logan, once again

My beautiful son

Joseph_at_the_park_020.jpg

Joseph again =)

My gorgeous husband of 4 years

Love Always, Jami

I can see why your family likes your photos. You have a nice way/familiarty with your subjects which is easy to see. Your composiitions are nice with no distracting backgrounds. Since, you have converted some to B&W, I would think that you could increase the contrast in some of those to give them some more POP! I think #3 is the best. I would also keep an eye on the blown highlights. But you are well on your way!

Welcome to TPF.

As DTG says, the main problem with these at the moment is that they are too flat and lack contrast. There's the suggestion in some, that they have been over exposed too - you might want to check that you haven't accidentally turned 'exposure compensation' on, which might account for it.

DTG, Thank you very much. I will def. give that a go and see what I come up with. I just started editing for the first time last month so I'm new to lingo, but I will Google all of that =) Haha.. I feel like such a newbie. These were easy because they are all my close family. I know what makes them happy, and where/when their emotions will show. I couldn't imagine trying to do this with a perfect stranger. I envy those of you who can.

Chris, I think I know where the problem is. I've been using the "highlight" tool on my photo editor a lot lately.. trying to figure out where a lot of the tools do. It seemed to brighten up my dull photos BUT I am probably overdoing it on A LOT of my photos. Ill keep an eye on it, Thank you for your help!

Would you care to post or link to an unedited version (preferably a bit larger), so that people could try an alternative edit?

I absolutely will! I actually would love to.. Give me just a few minutes and Ill put some up.

It was really hard for me to post the unedited.. its like walking around pubilc naked ;)

I think they are good shots, but some of them look a little washed out to me.

I think they are good shots, but some of them look a little washed out to me.
yep, they do. you can fix this by increasing the contrast. try it and look at the results! good composition, btw.

I like number 1 and number 3 the best though all looks good composition wise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back