Penny for your thoughts?

rickabobaloey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg

Good concept ricky. I really like how long the penny's shadow is, and the angle of the light raking across the coin's surface is excellent. Nice shot.

Composition with a centered main subject, is better suited to a 1:1 aspect ratio frame.

A4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg

Ah, yes, the 1:1 ratio definitely looks a lot better. Thanks for the edit to show the difference. :D

Good concept ricky. I really like how long the penny's shadow is, and the angle of the light raking across the coin's surface is excellent. Nice shot.

Thanks, Derrel! Appreciate the comment. I originally was going to try and capture my pen light (a little 10 lumen flashlight as small as a pen) but wasn't getting quite the affect I wanted. I'm not sure why I put the penny there in the light of the pen, but I liked the affect I got w/ it.

Composition with a centered main subject, is better suited to a 1:1 aspect ratio frame.

A4726852455_4c1dae81df.jpg

Ah, yes, the 1:1 ratio definitely looks a lot better. Thanks for the edit to show the difference. :D

Thanks, Derrel! Appreciate the comment. I originally was going to try and capture my pen light (a little 10 lumen flashlight as small as a pen) but wasn't getting quite the affect I wanted. I'm not sure why I put the penny there in the light of the pen, but I liked the affect I got w/ it.
I was guessing you used a small flashlight and should have also said it turned out well.

The diagonal gives it a sense of movement and speed that would be missing if the light was vertical or horizontal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back