ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
80690722.jpg

Hmm. Her left eye is sharp for sure, but her right eye is out of the DOF, this is shot at f1.8, so I suppose I should have stopped down enough to get both eyes in focus. Thanks for the commments though!

It's very cute! Yes, the right eye looks out of focus but the one closest to the camera is in focus and that's what I've heard you should do if you can't get them both in focus. The lighting is very nice. It's soft which goes with the subject. I might have filled in the cheek facing the camera just a bit more, but it's not too bad. I understand it's difficult enough to photograph children.

The one thing I did notice when I first looked at it is her chin is cut off. That distracted me as I looked at her eyes and fell right out of the picture. I do like the close crop though.

I hope you don't mind the critique. It is such a nice picture. Good job!

-Sarah

The lovely, soft light is just pefect. I am all for tight crops, but I wish her chin was included. It looks just a little awkward.

Yeah I wondered about the chin. I have a couple with her chin included and I felt like it took too much from the top of her head.

This is window light only, 85mm f1.8 1/125" @1600ISO

Love the Canon 85mm 1.8 prime, awesome lens!

Thanks for the critque everyone.

Most reactions

Back