Pentacon six slr

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think my next camera purchase will be one of these bad boys...anybody familar with them or have one? let me know if they are worth the effort and moola. everythin i've ever read says they are built like a tank...which is to be expected. here is a great photo of one minus the lens...
pentacon_six.jpg

and a website too...

http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/Praktisix.html

I've heard the mirror slap is atrocious, since its so big. I do believe the lenses are supposed to be gold, however.

sbalsama said:
I've heard the mirror slap is atrocious, since its so big. I do believe the lenses are supposed to be gold, however.

You are correct on both accounts! Leaving mirrir slap aside, the lenses made for this puppy are just to kill for. Some of the older Zeiss lenses are sharp as a tack.

Thanks for the replies!...I just want a MF SLR soooooo bad and this is the only one in the price range right now. Mirror slap? by this you mean the movement of the mirror as it takes a photo? Is it a hulk and prob weighs a ton so I figured that is understandable. it's the viewer that makes my mouth water.

My dad's neighbor had one available at a garage sale. I passed on it at the time because we've got too many cameras (I can't believe I just said that :shock: ). Any idea what it's worth? I wonder if it's still available. :scratch:

Have you looked at the Kiev medium format cameras? They have an SLR style one like the one you mentioned and they have one that looks just like a hassy and it has detatchable backs. I see them on ebay always for cheap. the lenses are cheap too. they even make a 30mm for the kiev.

check here: www.kievusa.com

and here: www.kievcamera.com

and dont forget ebay.

Karalee said:
More than what they would charge at a garage sale Tammy :lol: When I was watching them on ebay they were going for upwards of $250.

This guy wanted $375. It's part of the reason I didn't follow up on it. :lol:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
photogoddess said:
Would that price be with a lens or without?

That's only for the body. Lenses are not that expensive though.

There are others that come with lenses, altogether around $200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back