Pentak k100d wont read lense??

zombiekilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
totentanz.darkverselight.com
I got a k100D a few weeks back and have been having a blast with it. I decided to try my telephoto lens tonight to get some shots of the moon, and when I put it on it just blinks Av-- and wont take any pics. I read the manual and I don't see anything there to help. (I tried it in AV mode first, then all others, no luck) Any clue? also I know the lens is good because its off of my pentax 35mm camera.

also if this isnt in the right location feel free to move it mods!!

If there is an "A" setting on the aperture ring (assuming there is one) make sure that the ring is set to the "A" position. Should be a detent button to get it there, but they can get bumped off.

Or if has an aperture ring & no "A" position there's a setting somewhere in the menu (not sure where on a k100, I have a *istD) that says "Aperture other than A" (or something similar) that has to set to "on" or "yes" for it to work.

If there's no aperture ring on the lens try changing the batteries in the camera. Sometimes when the batts get low the electronics can sorta lose their mind.

As a last resort try cleaning the lens contact points.

If it isn't one of those I don't know what to tell ya.

Good luck!

If there is an "A" setting on the aperture ring (assuming there is one) make sure that the ring is set to the "A" position. Should be a detent button to get it there, but they can get bumped off.

Or if has an aperture ring & no "A" position there's a setting somewhere in the menu (not sure where on a k100, I have a *istD) that says "Aperture other than A" (or something similar) that has to set to "on" or "yes" for it to work.

If there's no aperture ring on the lens try changing the batteries in the camera. Sometimes when the batts get low the electronics can sorta lose their mind.

As a last resort try cleaning the lens contact points.

If it isn't one of those I don't know what to tell ya.

Good luck!
I found it in the menu settings! thanks so much! Thats why I love this place!!

Most reactions

Back