pentaprisim vs pentamirror .. and ????

but i like the 4x digital magnifier in live view on the nikons, and with that swivel screen it might be awsome to shoot with.

You do realize that the D5000 LCD is only 2.5" vs. the XSi and T1i having a 3" LCD. So that 4x digital zoom is going to be less effective on the smaller screen. And even though it's only a 1/2 inch difference diagonally, it's a big difference. My response to the swivel screen: useless. The contrast AF system with Nikon's live view is very slow and in my experience, not too accurate. Needless to say, I almost never use it (and I like to use my LCD for shot info). If it's something you will use and you can tolerate the AF system, it may be the tipping point.

dont like the d5000?

I don't hate the camera itself, but I find the idea of adding fluff to generate sales to be disheartening. I really love Nikon cameras, but I hope they don't continue to appeal to the masses more than the dedicated shooters who use their cameras. The D90 was a huge step in Nikon bringing power to the average shooter and I just think it would be a shame if this was the last step. I know I don't need a gold edition, a swivel screen, 1080p video, or Ashton Kutcher's endorsement to enjoy my camera more.

bahaha i hate ashton kutcher now, i never had so many mindless customers that are unaware of how horrible nikons P&S cameras are, they are you cant argue that ... its a 2.7 inch sceen ... ".3" ... seeing my 30d has a 2.5" its not a big deal ............. the reason nikon designed the lcd to be that way is to "compete" with the sony a300/350 series, and those new panasonic and olympus cameras that will have that same lcd. of course .. the nikon will be the better of the choices, so its just to make up for a gap that they would have if they didnt make something to compete ... and im looking forward to testing the d5000, but hopefully i win a 5d. then i wont stress out over jumping ships :p

if the d5000 can autofocus better than the t1i ... which im sure it will ... then when recording video the d5000 will be better on the vid aspect.
You do realize that none (nadda, zip, zilch) of the current crop of DSLR's that shoot video actually focus while shooting - right? So the AF will have nothing to do with how your video turns out on the T1i or the D5000. They'll suck equally.

well good sir. you are wrong. the t1i can autofocus while recording video. ive done it myself. the same way you can use "live" autofocus on the xs/xsi/t1i/50d you can see the camera focus .... its controlled through the custom functions. and i can care less about the video. its lame. when you use the live focus while recording vid with the t1i, you can see the camera changing the exposure and HEAR the kit lens screaming to focus really really loud and its slow. the autofocus on the d90 in live view is just like a point and shoot. didnt think to check how it is with the video. probably cause i didnt care lol
Dude! You need to call the IT dept. The shift key on your keyboard isn't working, you've got no capital letters in your posts. :lol:

You do realize that none (nadda, zip, zilch) of the current crop of DSLR's that shoot video actually focus while shooting - right? So the AF will have nothing to do with how your video turns out on the T1i or the D5000. They'll suck equally.

well good sir. you are wrong. the t1i can autofocus while recording video. ive done it myself. the same way you can use "live" autofocus on the xs/xsi/t1i/50d you can see the camera focus .... its controlled through the custom functions. and i can care less about the video. its lame. when you use the live focus while recording vid with the t1i, you can see the camera changing the exposure and HEAR the kit lens screaming to focus really really loud and its slow. the autofocus on the d90 in live view is just like a point and shoot. didnt think to check how it is with the video. probably cause i didnt care lol
Dude! You need to call the IT dept. The shift key on your keyboard isn't working, you've got no capital letters in your posts. :lol:

Ok. On top of me no longer writing about irrelevant things, i also must type as if my 8th grade teacher is reading it. I will take this into consideration. Thank you, good sir. :thumbup:

Dude, the D5000 and T1i are both in my opinion crappy and overpriced. (I say nikon makes the crappier one tho)

And I like how you say "stuck with an SXi or t1i" Both take pictures and could get you a nice chunk of change on ebay. If you dont win the 5D, sell the camera you get and get a new lens.
If you win the 5D, sell your 30D and get more lenses.
Or do whatever you want.

Dude, the D5000 and T1i are both in my opinion crappy and overpriced. (I say nikon makes the crappier one tho)

And I like how you say "stuck with an SXi or t1i" Both take pictures and could get you a nice chunk of change on ebay. If you dont win the 5D, sell the camera you get and get a new lens.
If you win the 5D, sell your 30D and get more lenses.
Or do whatever you want.

lol my exact thoughts

Most reactions

Back