Pentax DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got in the new (to me) Pentax DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR lens. I was reluctant at first but I think I'm going to like it. The focus is super fast and quiet. Not a lot of opportunity to try it out today, looking forward to this being the walk around lens of choice in the future. Extreme crop of an image shot at ISO 200, 135 mm, f/5.6, 1/125

Let It Snow12082017_711-Edit-2.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

A little feedback after using the lens a bit. Focus is extremely fast and quiet. I sometimes find myself waiting for it to acquire focus and realize it already has. The zoom is smooth and easy to adjust. So far nothing wonky to report with using it. The reviews all said it was soft around the edges, and it is a bit, but not terribly so. I suspect that unless you shoot on one of the program modes so image stabilization is active or on a tripod for manual, that softness would be a problem The weight took a little getting used to as it is a heavier lens.

A little feedback after using the lens a bit. Focus is extremely fast and quiet. I sometimes find myself waiting for it to acquire focus and realize it already has. The zoom is smooth and easy to adjust. So far nothing wonky to report with using it. The reviews all said it was soft around the edges, and it is a bit, but not terribly so. I suspect that unless you shoot on one of the program modes so image stabilization is active or on a tripod for manual, that softness would be a problem The weight took a little getting used to as it is a heavier lens.

I think it looks good. I suppose like many other's, stopping down a bit may take care of that.

Most reactions

Back